Aleph 3 Heat sink capability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The Aleph 3 chassis is approximately .125 deg C.
per watt. Aleph 3's run about 200 watts, and have
about a 25 deg C temperature above ambient.

Better ventilation will improve this is bit, and you can easily
consider at 35 deg or so rise, so let's just say about 300
watts.

Thanks Nelson!!
I picked up a bunch of aleph 3 heatsinks from a surplus shop. I was thinking of maybe increasing the footprint of the amp all around by 4"(cutting corner heatsinks).

These heatsinks seem perfect for designing into a small speaker cabinet...Im thinking of using the Aleph 3's as monoblock amps for surround sound channels. PGE will love me

I'd love to see the inside of the amp, its such a tight fit, How were the T03 mosfets mounted on the Aleph 3? Ive got the support bars that hold 2 mosfets...I imagine they were mounted on opposite sides. I dont see how the power supply fit in there. Is there a chance you could email a pic to raincheck@covad.net

Thanks for all that you do!!!!!!!

I can finally get rid of my Soundcraftsman pcr800's!!!!!!!!!!!

The PCB layouts for the sundry Alephs are in the backs of their respective service manuals. The devices were mounted on all four sides of the amps. The power supply was in the bottom, with the active circuitry above.
Jeez, I wish I had places where I could just walk in and buy heatsinks...

Grey

I'd love to see the inside of the amp, its such a tight fit

It is faily tight.

Attachments

• alephtweek.jpg
    alephtweek.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,036
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.