DIY Case

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello People

I am ahving trouble in finding a decent case for my recently finished Pearl phono stage. I am simply looking for a standard amplifier size black adonised case. Nothing special but something decent. I have tried hammond Fisher etc but not found anything. I have mostly audiolab gear and something similar would be nice. I am in the UK so in the uk or europe would be nice. any help anyone ?

dave

Dave,
Take a look at TEKO.it Local dealers are listed.
They have some nice chassis for various projects.
The attached picture is a headphone amp in a Teko enclosure.

Steen.

Attachments

• headphone_amp.jpg
    headphone_amp.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 501
A bit of an alternative...

My Pearl boards live in a neat little case that is sold by a local ham-radio company, Elecraft. Their EC-2 cabinet is *really* inexpensive for the quality of material and it has no pre-punched holes so you can set it up to your needs. For this case to work, however, you'll have to flip one board and orient it so that it will mount to the top cover. The result of just about 1/2 the standard rack width.

Check out their EC-1 for the outboard power supply components.

URL: www.elecraft.com

Just a thought.

Cheers,

David

Cheers Kilowattski! and others

I got one of those cases offa ebay. They are originaly from par-metal.com its just the right size and nicely priced. Ill get another psu box at some time. I have seen a few people add blue leds to their cases. How would I go about adding one ?

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.