Pearl Phono stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there People

I have ordered some pearl boards and am awaiting their arrival with eagerness. I do have a concern that I havent been able to source any Aeon caps for C9 9 i am in the UK so...).
I Have found an alternative Black gate cap 10,000uf 250v , it seems physicaly smaller but i guess it could be subsistuted any advice on that one ?

I am looking into a psu aswell and was wondering if any uk or EU builders had any suggestions for components for that.

This will be my first build so wish me luck. I will post my progress in the future weeks. Cant wait !

regards
dave

Firstly, for the 10uF capacitor, any good polypropylene will do well. There are plently of expensive polypropylene capacitors to choose from. Heck, you can even use a Blackgate "N" type cap if you wish. I don't want to get in the middle of a which capacitor is better debate, so it is up to you. I do not see the need for expensive Blackgate capacitors in the power supply filters. Nichicon makes some real good low ESR electrolytics for a whole lot less money. Lastly all you need to do is provide unregulated voltage to the board because the regulator is on the board. No fancy external power supply is needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.