Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aleph P aleph L

I have used the aleph P 1.0 in unbalanced mode and now i use a aleph L.
Directly compared the L sounds better, cleaner, warmer with more space and better bass. I know that it could be different when you use the aleph P in balanced mode because the aleph L ist only unbalanced. I don´t now how big the differenced between the two modes realy is, my Aleph 30 has the unbalanced input stage from the aleph 3.

Aleph P Aleph L

The pictures a two Aleph L and unbalanced Aleph P (I didn´t test it yet) and power supply originally for P1.0 with different voltage regulation for the mosfet gates as in the originall circuit. It works for all aleph preamps with minor changes.

Attachments

• aleph.jpg
    aleph.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,076
preamp

Hello,
have a repair shop in NRW, Germany for Highendaudio, mostly from US and I´m working for
Aktive Audio (Pass Distributor)
As Pass Customers told me the old Aleph P is sounding better than the New 1.7. Maybe the 1.7 has a little bit more detail, but it is sounding a bit thinner in the bass region.
Personally I have a Balanced Preamp, but with
6H30PDR Tubes instead of Mosfet.
Reinhard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.