Capacitors at Aleph 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to hear about importance of the capacitors in Aleph 3. How does their quality affects the sound?

In my opinion those 8 which are rated at 22mF and affects only the power supply aren't very important (I mean their quality aren't very important). Am I right?

What capacitor for what place should be used?

It's all relative. Do you need to use Blackgate Capacitors at a gazillion dollars each? It depends what you are looking for. My opinion is that you use what you can afford. If you can't afford $100 Blackgate capacitors and use less expensive Nichicons, Panasonics, Spragues etc. I think the audio Gods will understand. I know I can't afford the absolute best parts money can buy and I make compromises all the time, but I try to make intelligent decisions and to date my wallet and I are happy with the compromises I have made. This is my opinion only but I am sure others will differ.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.