Finally made it in the PassDIY pages!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thank you all for the kind words...

eLarson, i'll see if i can attach more pics on this thread...senor Harrington edited out pics of the inside...the orange glow of the park lights in a dark room is nice...it glows blue when the music is on...100w/ch afterburners.:D

Attachments

• blue zen6.jpg
    blue zen6.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 397
praises to the zen v4's bass. charlie haden's bass on his album "beyond the missouri sky" and ron carter's on "my bass and i" are simply spectacular. the bass has body, weight and tonal articulation that's so right IMO. my zen plays with a pair of psb 4Ts and the preamp side of the musical fidelity xa-1. I had planned to bi-amp but the zen's bass is very much superior to the 50w/ch class A/B mf...which sounds flabby now.

my zen's input buffer is biased at about 30mA. :devilr:

Nice work!

Blues said:
check link below...thanks for looking!

http://www.passdiy.com/gallery/zen-v4-p8.htm

Really nice looking unit! I am a little surprised by the 1 mv ripple on the outputs. Mine was unmeasureable, with a VOM. Maybe I need a better meter.
I was a little light on heatsinking, mine ran at 170 degrees at 1.5 amps bias. Did not seem to hurt it, but was always something to think about.

George

that's right eLarson, my cheap camera keeps autofocusing...the picture comes out blurry everytime. so is the digital camera on my panasonic dvcam...when the lights are out and i aim at my zen that thing keeps trying to adjust focus...could not be the heat because it's on standby burnt orange:D :devilr: tried manual focus too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.