Help To Decide Which Aleph To Byilt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi to all

i intent to built an ALEPH, but i cant decide which one to built :ALEPH 2 or ALEPH 4 ?
My speakers have the below characteristics:
1) 6 OHM
2) 92 db/1w/1m
3) rated at about 300w

i have two transformers rated at 1500 VA 235VAC primary 2X43VAC secondary.

Waiting for any suggestions.

well, im doing an aleph2 and aleph3 for each speaker, with active crossovers. so, it should be fine.

they are planars, so they have a pretty easy load, its just low resistance and low efficiency. so they need stable power.

aleph-x's dont work well with my speakers from what i understand. i didnt think they liked low loads. i know they are stable, but i need the power doubling too. to get the power i need, it would be HUGE and heat the house.

Hi All

thanks for the replies.

Here is a picture of my living-room that is not acoustically treated
(WAF FACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!)35 square meters

the speakers minimum resistance is about 4 OHM

trigon hi
i have seen your work
EXCELENT!!!!!!!!!! AND VERY INSPIRING

my amp is an old musical fidelity P-270/2 it has been upgraded

i believe that constructing an aleph will scale up the sonic performance of my setup

but still i am confused:confused: ALEPH 2 or ALEPH 4 they are much alike.
in terms of current output and power which one will have more efficient control over the speakers ??????

Attachments

• hpim0035a.jpg
    hpim0035a.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 191
Gia kai hara soy Niko,

Basically its the same amp, if I remember well the difference is that the A2 (monoblock) is more heavily biased than the A4(stereo). So, it will drive your speakers a bit easier. Keep in mind that you are going to need huge heatsinks, no matter which of the two you will finally choose and in this case there is no such a thing as "enough " heatsinking.

Best regards,

Panos

I love my 2's! But you could always build em all and see which you prefer, or which you prefer to use for which type of music and so on. The 2's are my favorite amplifier so far out of about 60 different amps I've owjned over the years. So far I've built pair of 2's, a Mini Aleph, and pair of "stock" Aleph X's which I didn't find all that impressive over how my 2's sound. An Aleph 3 is currently underway. My 2's are overbiased which is something you should consider doing and allowing enough heat sink in order to do it.

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.