the enlightened bride of zen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am proud to present the nearly finished enlightened bride of zen.

Thank you everybody here on diyaudio, I have learned a lot in the last two years reading this forum. Without you all, this preamp would never had been possible…..

Daniel

Attachments

• eboz.jpg
    eboz.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 896
Thank you very much Nelson, please wait 2 or 3 weeks so I have time to finish the case and to send more and better pictures

Hugo:
It ist not as much as you may think. The big cans are 6 Siemens MKV 6,8uF as coupling caps. I had vor 1 year a test setup, were I testes a lot of caps, Jensen paper in oil, mundorf, philps mkt, elna mkp and so on, the best was Siemens MKV (danke Bernhard, hier im Analog-Teil).

Beside the transformer, IRF510 and Audiofad professional pot all parts are bought ebay or taken out of computer power supplies

I like to try new ways ;)

First was the joke to replace R104 1k and R108 100 by little, orange light bulbs in homage to my first read of NP's master pieces, zen variations 1.
Worked as good as with resistors and looked good. ;)

Second was to change the Zener diodes by yellow LED. Someone posted here, to replace Zener Diodes in Alephs CCS by LED.

Then I learned here (in german): http://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/public/schaerer/curr2pol.htm
LED work better as voltage reference under constant current conditions. And there I saw the CCS dipole with this aesthetic symmetry, I had to use it, this time in blue. :bigeyes:

You have to use some blue ones Pass designs ;)

Last was to change the voltage reference in BOZ also by green LED. So I tested all of my IRF510 to find matching two to the reference of 4 green LED ;)

I like the coloured gleam, but the WAF is not really high…..

Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.