Looking for Aleph 2 layout - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2004, 06:22 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Looking for Aleph 2 layout

Hi, I know from seaching the site that there was a group order for Aleph 2 boards quite a while ago and was wondering if anyone had gerber files, jpgs, tifs, gifs, etc of the layout so I could make one myself? I'm sure there aren't any boards still floating around, and would like to make one to compare with the AlephX I'm currently working on.

Thanks,

Peanut
Old 5th July 2004, 08:50 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have a set of Gerber files for Aleph 2 that Brian Bell (BrianGT) did. If he does not mind I can pass them along to you. How will you have the boards made? Having just two made is expensive. I have been looking into it and have just a few boards made is not cheap. I may have to buy the boards from KK because of cost.
Old 5th July 2004, 09:03 AM   #3
Kari is offline Kari  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Have a look at http://www.olimex.com for pcb's. Singelsided, 160mmx100mm costs 21USD + shipping. Doublesided, 160mmx100mm costs 26USD + shipping. The quality of the pcb's are good.

/Kari
Old 5th July 2004, 07:02 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

If I could get those gerber files I would really appreciate it kilowattski. Should I contact BrianGT to see if he would be willing to share the files?

I have some links here in the cities with the U of M. I can have a friend there mill me a set of boards, although for the price I may look into olimex.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 5th July 2004, 08:18 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I can scan a both sides of my extra boards and you could trace them to copper clad and etch yourself. They're single sided, so it isn't that difficult. It's a simple circuit with only 5 transistors on the front end board.
Old 5th July 2004, 08:21 PM   #6
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
I just made this post here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...974#post430974

I will provide the files to anyone who would want to organize such a group order.

I posted some pricing information on the thread there.

If a reasonable sized order is organized, the boards could easily go for less than $20 a pair + shipping. I can provide advice for organizing it, and setup a paypal shipping cart setup, similar to mine for my LM3875 stuff. I would do it if I had time, but I am way too busy with other projects and am still shipping out gainclone kits.

--
Brian
Old 5th July 2004, 08:41 PM   #7
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

well that stink's. i would have set it up but im working now

who ever set's it up ill buy a few
Old 5th July 2004, 11:28 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Me too. I'm thinking of using all of my unused group buy boards as wallpaper in my office. Sot of like the fish sculpture in the AOL commercial
Old 6th July 2004, 01:09 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Brian, that would be really cool if you could scan a board. If that works out I would etch some myself. If it's not too much trouble, I think a lot of the newer people around here would really like it.

I would like to head a group order, but for now I can't. My wife and I just bought a house a couple of months ago and just dropped a few grand finishing a room for my step-daughter. If someone heads one up, I'd be interested.

Peanut
Old 6th July 2004, 04:06 PM   #10
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Quote:
Originally posted by punchpeanut
Brian, that would be really cool if you could scan a board. If that works out I would etch some myself. If it's not too much trouble, I think a lot of the newer people around here would really like it.

I would like to head a group order, but for now I can't. My wife and I just bought a house a couple of months ago and just dropped a few grand finishing a room for my step-daughter. If someone heads one up, I'd be interested.

Peanut
Here is a pdf that I generated of the top silkscreen, bottom copper and drilling guide. I inverted the bottom copper and drilling guide, so that you could transfer it to make your own pcb.

For the pdf, be sure to print it without any scaling, as you the pdf is made to print out to actual size, where the pcb will be exactly 4" x 6".

--
Brian
Attached Files
File Type: zip alephv3.zip (38.9 KB, 192 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!