Looking for Aleph 2 layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I know from seaching the site that there was a group order for Aleph 2 boards quite a while ago and was wondering if anyone had gerber files, jpgs, tifs, gifs, etc of the layout so I could make one myself? I'm sure there aren't any boards still floating around, and would like to make one to compare with the AlephX I'm currently working on.

Thanks,

Peanut

If I could get those gerber files I would really appreciate it kilowattski. Should I contact BrianGT to see if he would be willing to share the files?

I have some links here in the cities with the U of M. I can have a friend there mill me a set of boards, although for the price I may look into olimex.

Thanks for the replies.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I just made this post here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=430974#post430974

I will provide the files to anyone who would want to organize such a group order.

I posted some pricing information on the thread there.

If a reasonable sized order is organized, the boards could easily go for less than $20 a pair + shipping. I can provide advice for organizing it, and setup a paypal shipping cart setup, similar to mine for my LM3875 stuff. I would do it if I had time, but I am way too busy with other projects and am still shipping out gainclone kits.

--
Brian

Brian, that would be really cool if you could scan a board. If that works out I would etch some myself. If it's not too much trouble, I think a lot of the newer people around here would really like it.

I would like to head a group order, but for now I can't. My wife and I just bought a house a couple of months ago and just dropped a few grand finishing a room for my step-daughter. If someone heads one up, I'd be interested.

Peanut

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
punchpeanut said:
Brian, that would be really cool if you could scan a board. If that works out I would etch some myself. If it's not too much trouble, I think a lot of the newer people around here would really like it.

I would like to head a group order, but for now I can't. My wife and I just bought a house a couple of months ago and just dropped a few grand finishing a room for my step-daughter. If someone heads one up, I'd be interested.

Peanut

Here is a pdf that I generated of the top silkscreen, bottom copper and drilling guide. I inverted the bottom copper and drilling guide, so that you could transfer it to make your own pcb.

For the pdf, be sure to print it without any scaling, as you the pdf is made to print out to actual size, where the pcb will be exactly 4" x 6".

--
Brian

Attachments

• alephv3.zip
    38.9 KB · Views: 269
Thanks BrianGT! I will make some boards myself. I like the idea that the board contains the front end, and you can scale output to taste. Over the next year I plan on making/comparing the following;

Mini Aleph (~20 Watt)
Aleph 2 (ish, give or take)
Aleph X (~75 Watt)
X200
Zen V4
LM3875 Gainclone (thanks for the boards)
LM4780 Parallel (when your boards are ready)

Peanut

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.