how to get Pass amp kits... - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th July 2004, 02:04 PM   #91
Stabist is offline Stabist  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: not quite correct

Quote:
Originally posted by uli

Do you really believe that I can buy firstclass parts in the
local shop around the corner in Vienna????????? (or in any other
city in the EU)

I for my part do not moan because of the situation in the county
I live in. I try to be creative in finding new sources for the stuff
I need - it is a hobby nothing else!

Slovenia is such a beautiful country, you must be very happy to
live there

Uli

Hehe - look - I don't expect to buy everything in a local shop; but still - probably you DO have a little better possibilities to get what you want in Vienna ....

Well - actually I'm not moaning a lot - if I would do that - I would allready quit from a lot of stuff ... I have patience, don't worry

But THE FACT is that the prices here in SLO (now I'm talking generally) are growing and growing (to EU "standards") - but monthly earnings aren't ... OK, but that's not an issue ...

Yes, it is beautiful country - I wouldn't trade my hometown for big megapolis, believe me
Old 6th July 2004, 02:07 PM   #92
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by peranders
Just wondering, don't you have credit cards in Slovenia?

I'm a student - so the bank won't give it to me ... Well - they would do that if I had rich parents etc etc - but since I don't ...

I have ordinary BA card (to lift the money from cash machines, I can pay in shops with it...) - but it isn't "qualified" as a credit card ...
Old 6th July 2004, 02:12 PM   #93
Account Disabled

Default Re: Re: Me too

Quote:
Originally posted by Stabist
Slovenia was not listed - the only way was to have a friend in Italy or Austria and make a business through him ...
To buy them directly here - just in my imagination ...
BUT as a student I don't have the rigjt to own a credit card; paypall is something that is a no no here OK, now I know the Western Union money transfer is the way
BUT - it again comlicates a lot on the custom if you order somethign form States ... The taxes are huge Etc etc ...
that's not different if you live in Arkansas or some other states in the US.

Quote:
Originally posted by till
Aldi
we have them here too. see, the US isn't that different from Europe.
Old 6th July 2004, 02:19 PM   #94
uli is offline uli  Austria
diyAudio Member

Default CC

Yes they have, but for a student it seems to be difficult to get one.

Primoz,
as Slo is not on the shipping list, why dont you email and ask before you complain?

Uli

'Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny' F.Zappa
Old 6th July 2004, 03:00 PM   #95
Banned

Andreas,

i remember >10 years ago we had one supermarket in town, and loads of small shops with very different sortiments. We had 2 post offices, 2 book shops, 2 paper shops... - now we have no post office anymore, no paper shop but on expensive and small mac paper, and one book show with only bestsellers in stock. But supermarkets, mostly dirty and at the fruits you have to sort out the rotten fruits by yourshelf, we have half a dozend now. who´s got to get real?
Old 6th July 2004, 04:25 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Default Re: CC

Quote:
Originally posted by uli
Yes they have, but for a student it seems to be difficult to get one.

Primoz,
as Slo is not on the shipping list, why dont you email and ask before you complain?

Uli

I've just noted it out 'cause it's a kind of a proof of what I've been explaining few posts back ...
I'm not complaining at all - if I will start to search for options to get PCBs done - I will surely send an email to them also; but then again - are you sure that with all extra costs (shipping, T/T sdditional costs, ...) PCBs from that company wouldn't get me more expensive then eg Kristijan's ones? Or the ones made in SLO ...

Btw - it's interesting how you know "better" than me what and how can I live here
Old 6th July 2004, 07:06 PM   #97
moe29 is offline moe29  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to moe29 Send a message via Yahoo to moe29
This thread has *OFFICIALLY* gone Off Topic!
Old 6th July 2004, 07:22 PM   #98
moamps is offline moamps  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: not quite correct

Quote:
Originally posted by uli
Everytime I vitit my relatives in southern Styria, I see lots of
Slovenian and Croatian cars with people buying everything
which is not fixed with superglue, carrying this stuff across the
border not paying duties!.
Thank you Uli so much for your kind words. I'll try to remember them this summer when I bump into loud, drunken, ***-grabbing Austrians down at our coast ...or when I meet Austrian "business people" setting up sham companies over here in order to be able to purchase Croatian summer houses and bypass all our taxation regulations...or when I enter an Austrian bank set up in Zagreb, offering mortgage loans at triple the average interest rate in Austria.... Thank you Uli for reminding me of all this.

Gratefully yours,
Milan
Old 6th July 2004, 08:44 PM   #99
diyAudio Member

Hello,

quote: Originally posted by Nelson Pass

''
You can decide for yourself whether Kristijan's statement
indicates a commercial effort or not. Frankly, I can't tell
by reading it, but that might be a language difficulty.
Perhaps Kristijan would simply like to state that his efforts
are not-for-profit. That would certainly simplify the discussion,
and of course he would then be granted a blessing for this
activity.
''

I post my statement in post #37 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...567#post430567),
and I did not ment to be unclear regarding of this all situation, but it seems that I was, as some
peoples did not understand me completely what I was trying to say, and as these discussions
continued.

To be completely clear, I don't make these PCBs for a commerciall effort nor the profit,
and it was never my intention.

Also, as I had this PCB ''busssiness'' for the past two years, I can say with the great certainty
that if anyone would ever try to make any kind of the PCBs for the DIY world would be greatly
dissapointed with their commercial effort and success.
There is simply not that kind of market and quantity there to make the real profit that would
justify the all invested efforts, will, nervs, and a really a lot o time which is anything but little.
I am making these PCBs as I am also in this DIY hobby (‘which is incureable disease’), and not
because I wanted to make a profit.
On my website are the only PCBs that I designed for my DIY over the past years,
and they did not appeared on my site all at once.
These PCBs are designed with great passion and it took a lot of efforts and nervs for them.
As I believe that Pass Labs products are well above any other similar equipement on the market,
and their DIY projects are amoung the best there is, I also tried to create these PCBs simmilary.
I would also send the PCBs to the Mr.Pass, so he can see in live what is all about,
and to help him understand my position even better.
I wanted to make them up to the Pass Labs level, and this is why their prices seems to be higher
than the other PCBs, and because that peoples think that I making a high profit out of them.
I would like that is possible that they all are free, but this simply is not possible.
If I would make them standard in large qty at once, say 1000 or so, they would be cheap also,
but like one member said, what to do with all of them ?, there would be a lots of hassle with packing,
printing ,mailing, e-mails, …. like with the any group buy here on forum, and it is not my interest to do
this all the time, it would be too nervbraking.

I wanted to create a website from where these boards would be available for the DIY
over time, and not on the only a few occasions like with the group buys here.
My intention was to show my board design and offer the boards for the DIYers who
are not able or don’t like to make them by their own, and make the DIY even more popular.
I also wanted to show that something like this can be done in Croatia, to design and make
very high quality boards, as there is also a general opinion over here : ‘It is made in Croatia,
it for shure can not work or is not any of good, so you should not make any further
efforts with it ’, … same situation like Stabist already said earlier and which I understand exactly.
There is also major believe here that the DIY is not way to go, that someone who would like to enjoy
the HI-FI should simply buy the Sony ,Kenwood, or similar Home Theatre with the as many
as possible buttons, lagre display and silver colored metal speakers, as this is the best there is,
and the best way to go……

I believe that I explain my situation and intentions little more clear, but if there is
anything that I forget, or is unclear, I would try again if necessary.

Also, if the moderators or Mr.Pass have their different opinions on my website link,
or if there is anything against the Pass Labs IP that I done, I would stop to make all the boards,
delete all the content of my website, and apologize if I ever caused any harm to anyone by any way.

Very best regards from Croatia,
Kristijan Kljucaric
Old 6th July 2004, 10:45 PM   #100
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Kilentra
I think you could alternatively say: while Kristijan may sell PCBs for more than the amount it costs him to make them, he does not intend to make a profit. I do not know if this still violates copyright law, but I hope we support his production of Aleph series boards because it is a valuable contribution to the DIY community.

Hide this!Advertise here!