Any new news on FirstWatt??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zen switch anyone ?

Steve,

.........not that I want to start an arguement or anything but you were wrong.

This is a Zen switch...............

Attachments

• wirent.gif
    wirent.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 464
What is noise?

Nelson Pass said:

Being a Class A amplifier, the quiescent noise is the same as
the dynamic noise.

I should probably define my terms. By dynamic noise, I mean the total deviation from ideal amplification exhibited by an amplifier under dynamic conditions. How's that for a definition of noise? That deviation, in a manner of speaking, is present on the output only under dynamic conditions, so I call it dynamic noise. Because I don't know what ideal amplification looks like or should be, I admit not having a workable definition on my hands here. But I do know that, for instance, changing the type or quality of capacitor used in a power supply changes the sound of an amplifier ... ie, trades one form of noise generation for another. I'm betting that lowering quiescent noise doesn't much affect, or at least does not eliminate, noise generated by power supply capacitors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.