Pearl Phono stage cartridge matching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm getting ready to build a Pass Pearl phono stage. The cartridge that I'm using is a Ortofon Kantrapunkt A which has 450uV ouput voltage and a recommended load impeadance of 50-500 Ohm. I will run the phono stage into an active preamp. Will this phono stage work with this set up or will it have to be modified some how?

GE

Gregorio said:
I'm getting ready to build a Pass Pearl phono stage. The cartridge that I'm using is a Ortofon Kantrapunkt A which has 450uV ouput voltage and a recommended load impeadance of 50-500 Ohm. I will run the phono stage into an active preamp. Will this phono stage work with this set up or will it have to be modified some how?

GE

That may work. Depends on how much gain you have in the preamp, amplifier, and speaker efficiency.
In my system, a 0.5 mv output Grado Reference Sonata was a little low on overall output in the 47K input. When it was lowered to 1K it got a little lower.
Swapping back to a 0.25 output Denon 103R and 100 ohm loading was too low. I had to build a headamp to get the output up to about the same as my disc player and tuner.
But I have a low gain linestage, and was using a fairly low gain amplifier. Others have used the Grado Reference with good results in their system with adding anything to the Pearl.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.