MOSFET/MOSFET amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I have in my mind little project with minimal number of active elements. I need some help and advise – I am not a professional person in this matter. I know that this forum concerns Pass Lab products mostly, but what I want to build is very close to design philosophy here. I started from simulations in Spice and got a schematic, which I would to introduce. I have problem with THD figures, are very depended on the level of input voltage. All is very good for single mV and much worst for hundreds of mV. This is before clipping at the output, of course. Is the design has a sense and is worth to try?

Attachments

• mini_fet.jpg
    mini_fet.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 717
Jarek,

Nice idea. I would replace R3 and R20 ( I hope Grey is not listening....;) ) with current sources. The input fets cound be replaced with smaller devices (lower capacitance) . Looks like something I have been working on.

Regards,
Jam

Hi,

I like this kind of topology and I've been fiddeling with it some time, but that was more than a year ago. I is kind of similar to the ' Simple MJ amplifier' you can find on the net and on this forum. I remember posting a schematic very similar to yours. I got a good comment about the problem of inducing rimple via feedback network: you have done it better than me with the zeners. I also suggest decoupling the zeners with a parralel cap to exclude the non-liniear contribution of the zeners and limit the noise from the zeners.

As for the Iq and Voffset: you could use higher values source resistors.. 0R5 ? Or use a simple single transistor servo around the source resistors.

Liniearity should be pretty good, atleast in class A ( 1.5 Ampere minimum). 2Vrms watt THD should be less than 0.5%, but this is directly related to the load impedance, due to the common source output stage.

Goodluck, and keep us posted.

Thanks for your interest and help.
After reading your comments I understood there were same mistakes in my conception. I tried mix different ways of implementation in one circuit. Well, computer is very helpful but it will not replace a human thinking :)
I was thinking it over and did two different versions of the schematic. Values of elements are only to start.
This is the first:

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 491
And the second I like much better.
Yes Jam, now here I can try current sources...
Upupa, I am afraid of thermal stability too, but this will be next step to consider.

I will be happy if all of you would continue your help.

Attachments

• second.jpg
    second.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 296
HEllo,

How or why did you come up with 100u for your caps? Why not 80u or why not 400u?

I noticed your MOSFETs are different numbers, for expample, one is 9640 the other is 640....is one an N-type and the other P-type...I'm being a little redundant here from my other thread on the X1000...forgive me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.