Revisited Zen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have decided to build the revisited zen and I am in the proces of gathering the last parts. I have only been able to find a 22K pot and not the 25K pot mentioned in the article will this be a problem?

Also how important is the parallel film caps at the input and output will the sound quality suffer much if I build the amp without them?

My plan is to build the revisited zen first and then the Zen V2. Anybody that have compared these two versions?

Seve

You should be ok with 22k instead of 25k. It's just a divider to set the bias. Read the biasing instructions carefully.
You absolutely need the input and output caps because this is a single supply circuit. If not you'll try and drive DC back at your source and into your speaker. You could try and get away with fewer caps but that might affect the sound or performance.
--
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the help.

I think I understand the biasing but I just did not know if the 22K pot would give me a sufficient range.

Regarding the input and output caps I was not planing to remove them only the film caps that are in parallel with the other caps. In the original Zen articel there was not used any film caps in parallel and I just wanted to hear opinions about the cost-benefit of the caps! I probably will end up using them because they will not cost that much to include.

Seve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.