threshold SL10 - DC output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, i have a Threshold SL-10 preamp and a threshold TA300 poweramp, now i have a problem with the preamp :

Only in the left channel i have found one DC of 0,12V, this cause a problem with the poweramp (only the power amp without the pre is ok), and so my left woofer have a strange and unusual movement, even if sound the same one.
What's it? a any broken transistors?

Thank you
Pierluigi (Italy)

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I am posting the schematic of the high level stage, which
(hopefully) shows a direct coupled output whose DC offset is
adjusted by an op amp. The op amp could be bad, or the
capacitor could be leaking, or some other component could
be failed sufficiently that the op amp can't make the correction.

Attachments

• sl10 sch.png
    sl10 sch.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 769
I am posting the schematic of the high level stage, which
(hopefully) shows a direct coupled output whose DC offset is
adjusted by an op amp. The op amp could be bad, or the
capacitor could be leaking, or some other component could
be failed sufficiently that the op amp can't make the correction.

Hello
I take an interest that try out , Pre SL-10 , this , I want to know position value aforementioned , and the circuit , Supply ,
url]

Thanks
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:) i really love the sound and look of this preamp , the only thing is the hi level stage gain , too much gain for nowadays sources and amp . is there a solution to reduce the gain of this stage without affecting too much the sound ?

i have already put a 30k resistor in series with the volume pot but it is the max i could had before affecting the sound..

any idea ?:spin:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.