diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   blue light inside a meter (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/33543-blue-light-inside-meter.html)

porfi4ever 5th May 2004 04:36 PM

blue light inside a meter

Hi everybody, this is my first post in almost a year!! when I started building my Z v4 but problems put me away of this project for a while, but now I'm almost finishing my amp. The question is how do you put a blue light inside a meter that lit the case very well, I did it but barely can see the light.Please help me to finish this baby!!. Thanks Porfi

karma 5th May 2004 04:39 PM

do you have a pic of the meter:)

porfi4ever 5th May 2004 04:46 PM

blue light inside a meter

I can get one.

karma 5th May 2004 04:59 PM

sure get it and lets see if we can mod it.

porfi4ever 5th May 2004 05:37 PM

I can't attach the image, it's too big. I don't remember how to so this.

porfi4ever 5th May 2004 05:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the meter.

porfi4ever 5th May 2004 05:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There is another one with hole already done.

porfi4ever 5th May 2004 05:59 PM

sorry for the pictures, this is my first time with a Dcamara

cowanrg 5th May 2004 06:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
for my meters for my aleph2's, im planning on using refractive and reflective properties. i will shine light into plexi-glass sheets, and have a circle cutout in the middle. the outside edges will be covered, but the insides will be exposed. light will only shine from the rough surfaces. if the plexi is smooth and clear, it wont transmit light, but if you score or scuff of the surface, it will glow.

in my "picture", the led is inside the plexi. just drill a hole, or carve out a place for it in the edge. then, cover it completely with tape or something. tape all surfaces that you dont want light coming through (only necessary for scuffed surfaces, smooth ones wont transmit much light).

sony uses this on many of their products. on their plasma with the "floating glass", they have embossed a "sony" logo into the glass. then they shine light at it sideways, only the opaque logo lights up, but the glass is otherwise dark. light just bounces off of surfaces when it hits it.

its worth a shot.

BrianGT 5th May 2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cowanrg
for my meters for my aleph2's, im planning on using refractive and reflective properties. i will shine light into plexi-glass sheets, and have a circle cutout in the middle. the outside edges will be covered, but the insides will be exposed. light will only shine from the rough surfaces. if the plexi is smooth and clear, it wont transmit light, but if you score or scuff of the surface, it will glow.

in my "picture", the led is inside the plexi. just drill a hole, or carve out a place for it in the edge. then, cover it completely with tape or something. tape all surfaces that you dont want light coming through (only necessary for scuffed surfaces, smooth ones wont transmit much light).

sony uses this on many of their products. on their plasma with the "floating glass", they have embossed a "sony" logo into the glass. then they shine light at it sideways, only the opaque logo lights up, but the glass is otherwise dark. light just bounces off of surfaces when it hits it.

its worth a shot.

When are you going to finish those Aleph 2 amps? Any new pictures? I haven't seen anything new for almost a year.

--
Brian