Aleph 5 for mid/treble and Aleph X for bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alephs

The question is: Will Aleph 5 perform really better than AX in mid-high register?

If not ,one could just build two AX amps for bi-amping.

Might be that this is also the question of taste.
No doubt AX will perform better in bass registers,but how it compares to Aleph 5 in mid-high registers?

Anybody comapred?

Bartek

Duck-Twacy said:
...(still curious if there is a seperate model for 230V countries btw)

From The X150.5 usermanual I understand there are seperate models for different voltage area's.

Are there btw other differences between the X150 and the X150.5 except the bias indicator and different PS caps?

Btw at first the trafo did look a bit small (one 800VA) until you read that it can deliver peaks up to 1500VA for a short time. Guess that is enough for this amp.

As a matter of fact I have a question about that (getting very offtopic now, maybe I should start a new thread) I was reading an article form Peter van Willenswaard about class D amps. He discussed class A, B and AB in the intro of the article. He stated that a class AB amp (with little bias, 20-50 mA) puts higher demands on the stability of the power supply than a class A amp. Did not quite understand that part...
:confused: :confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.