IRFP240-IR = to3 or to247?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I can get the IRFP240-IR (the number of the distributor) accoording to them it is a:

HEXFET-20A-200V-N-KANAL-TO3P-0.18 OHM

however... does a IRF-P-240 exist in the TO3P case or is the IRF-P-240 only available in TO247?

So, is this an error in their database that they copied the description of the IRF240 when the entered the IRF-P-240?

Thanks,

Edwin

Nelson Pass said:
These are pretty much the same case, if not identical.
I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks,

the reason I asked about it, is not that I worry about difference in quality, but I like to get the TO-247 for reasons that they are far more easy to fix to a heatsink. Less holes to drill, no isolation to worry about, and the wires are all on the same side of the heatsink :) (I can not fix TO3's on my heatsink!)

So my question more or less comes down to: If I order IRF-P-240 fets, will I automaticly get TO-247 or were/are there IRF-P-240 within a TO3 case or are these in the TO3 case called IRF-240 ???

Thanks,

Edwin

Just to clarify:

TO-3 is a metal case.

TO3P stands for TO-3 Plastic, and is a plastic flatpack which looks (and performs) very similar to a TO-247.

What some manufacturers call a "TO-3P" can vary somewhat - some use the term interchangably with TO-247, and for others there are slight differences between the two, but it's always a flat plastic package with a single isolated mounting hole, if I'm not mistaken.

ThingyNess said:
Just to clarify:

TO-3 is a metal case.

TO3P stands for TO-3 Plastic, and is a plastic flatpack which looks (and performs) very similar to a TO-247.

What some manufacturers call a "TO-3P" can vary somewhat - some use the term interchangably with TO-247, and for others there are slight differences between the two, but it's always a flat plastic package with a single isolated mounting hole, if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you very very much,

very confusing to use TO-3 for 'old-style' metal case, and TO3P for a TO-220 plastic look-a-like case.

Ok, I am going to buy these tomorrow! By the way, they are only $1 each :) From authorized IR distributor here in The netherlands.

Edwin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.