aca 1.6 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nothing directs which way the back panel should be oriented. After installing all other hardware first, I noticed the bnc holes didn't line up right. That one part only goes in from one side CORRECTLY. Did I miss something, or should that warning be added somewhere? Don't know how to create a new paragraph, so I will continue this all in one. As the signal Gnd and the Power/Speaker Gnds are all common on the circuit board, wouldn't only one Gnd connection need to be made? As the chassis is grounded as well, is it really beneficial to twist signal and gnd wires to each of those separate connections? Last, does it matter which way the boards are placed on the heatsinks? I was thinking it better to have all the power resistors at the top on both sides, which also puts the power connections at the bottom of both boards, and signal/output at the top. Just seems cleaner to me and all power resistors get to vent near the top. Used to build electronics for a living, but that was long ago. Have my circuits corroded, or am I making any sense?

One reason could be for design assurance in the event that a build is done with a black anodised chassis. The limited reading that I've done where anodising is a possibility, is to be careful to ensure that the anodising is penetrated where good earthing/grounding is required.

By following the build guide, this point / concern is less of an issue, isn't it? So, for an introductory kit it makes very good sense, as far as I can tell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.