Predatory ACA Selling?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No. It's not in line with the spirit of this diy community and a kick in the teeth of Mr. Pass and all the members who worked hard to make these kits available.

If this dude was offering assembled kits at that price - maybe.

Last edited:
Yup, free market opportunity and nothing understand behind this community.
Only very short thinking or sudden irrational act (brainfart).
Twocents- fully 100% agree your words.
Nelson wrote in SIT-3 thread-"a one KIT- policy"- that would be helpful here.
Disappointing for members who not could order a kit.

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That’s called free market opportunity brother.

Barry.

It's really me. I'm selling them out of a white van. :)

While we're being all Ayn Rand about this, I'll be sure to buy up the next batch and sell them back to everyone here for an extra $100, then we'll see how everyone feels about free market opportunity.

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I don't think this guy is going to retire on the 60 bucks he might make on it. But, that wasn't really what I was thinking about. :)

I (think) I understand your point and agree with it.

People bitch when I try to make ten lousy bucks on something I actually put blood, sweat and tears into. I just wonder sometimes what drives that dichotomy. :)

That's very disturbing. :(

You're one of the most generous people on this forum and that's just
beyond the pale.

In an appeal for calm reflection, let me point out that this is a "make an offer" auction, and that there is no indication that the seller has ten of these sitting at his fulfillment center, waiting to go. Plus, he's not doing what so many ebay sellers do, which is charging $95 for shipping. Might he not just be someone who bought one and has decided he is not going to use it? The "buy it now" price might just be an indication that he'd really like to get his money back.

Michael,

Boohoo indeed! I am in complete agreement. In addition, as a corollary, I frown upon those diy’ers who whine and complain about how much or how little designers charge for pcb’s and development! If you don’t like it, don’t buy it! And don’t buy from copycats especially from the Far East and elsewhere! That to me is illegal profiteering.

Best,
Anand.

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Understanding that it's entirely possible that this seller simply bought his kit and changed his mind - I emailed him and suggested that if he listed it here where he bought it, for his cost plus shipping + shipping (there are no seller fees here) that it would probably be snapped up within a day since they seem to be as popular as Nike sneakers. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.