Predatory ACA Selling?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is this a case of someone snapping up ACA kits and selling them at a tidy profit?

The first thing to notice is there are no multiples available for this item. So, if he has more than one, he's listing them one at a time.

Next, do a quick search for completed items and notice that only one has sold in the last 90 days or so, it was not his, it was already built, and the selling price was lower.

No cause for alarm, it appears that no one is shuffling a bunch of these through ebay.

Sentiment is codified socially and is implied/optional not required.

ZM nailed it- being “nice” is what we are talking about. What would he really nice is if he would just send it to me for free. But that’s not fair to him. So what’s nice as well as fair? Well, that’s a personal interpretation.

I am a full, staunch proponent of altruism, sharing and fairness- but the expectation of such in this world is a recipe for disappointment, unfortunately. I try to look at it like a pleasant surprise. I sleep much better this way.

Regarding the ACA you have to factor eBay and PayPal fees, which can be high- perhaps 30% at the end of the day. I’m not sure the price of the kit from diyaudio but it doesn’t seem like a Sony VFET situation.

Everyone is entitled to profit from their time and energy. The diyaudio store makes money too.

Do you realize what the actual cost of production of this kit would be if the long series of middle men where not involved from start to finish?

Why is this person particularly at fault for being at the end of this chain?

Perhaps the real questions to ask are:

Why were you searching eBay to begin with if you weren’t looking for a deal? Why look for Pass stuff online at all when you know the likelihood is high its a Chinese clone or other dubious / grey area source?

Stick your sights on the diyaudio store / swap meet for the primary source for such things.

Perhaps in this case what you are upset about is that it isn’t at the price you would prefer to pay.

You snooze, you lose.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
catch is that Mr. MR spotted it , a guy certainly not looking to buy ACA from ebay , most probably not even from the Store

well , cookies are everything ......... why - all the time and everywhere , besides naked brunettes , I'm constantly bombed with popping ads for Pass gadgets ?

:clown:

same with DiyAudio related goodies ......

in any case , issue is not worth more of one comment per person

It is amusing to read about predatory pricing for a luxury entertainment item.

When I hear the term predatory pricing, I think of cases of water being sold for large sums of money after a hurricane hits a coastal town.

Predatory pricing of a luxury item on an open market seems to be a non sequitur to me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.