Modify B1 Buffer for DAC output stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zen I/V contains first order LPF. How much filtering and type of filtering is important decision in DAC design. Use only polypropilen or polystyrene capaciors for this purpose (or same grade types). For more than first order filtering you need more active stages between i/v and output B1.

Thankyou for the explanation. I suppose I'll try it first with ZEN directly into the B1 and see how that sounds. I can always add filtering f needed.

I was thinking of going for Russian K72-10 or similar PIO caps as they are cheap, but I'll consider polypropylene if I can find some not too expensive good ones.

Isn't that why a smaller bypass capacitor is used in parallel?

I need two outputs for my dual power amps so I wondered how to modify the B1 circuit for two outputs.

I wondered if I could do it like this:

attachment.php

Simply add another R104 and R105:

attachment.php

Attachments

• B1 Schematic-2.jpg
    B1 Schematic-2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 523
  • B1 Schematic-1.jpg
    B1 Schematic-1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 428
I have one pair B1 with dual Tpsxxx low noise power supply small compat design. No big signal capacitors are needed. Ready made for easy job. Plug and play. Just connect transformer and listen. Quality parts have been used.

Attachments

• IMG_20180813_062103.jpg
    IMG_20180813_062103.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.