FAOW

Could someone please check schematics? Or any suggestion then PCB´s not ordered yet.

It includes: 30W flyback, Patrick suggested regulator (#73) and Mr. Rothacher common source amplifier (#47).

I´ll test and report using Toroidy TTG-EL34SE using +12VDC wall cube COTS supply.

JP

Attachments

• FAOW_SCH_00a.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 154
  • FAOW-PBA.png
    FAOW-PBA.png
    732.1 KB · Views: 725
Patrick

Thank you for pointing.

Replacing 56k with serie CMF55(0.5W) 39k2@0.36W (3mA) + 64Y trimmer 100k (1mA(84k8@0.09W) to 2mA(45k8@0.19W)).

Mr. Rothacher

Could you please check simply your amplifier in my schematics (using jumper settings for first potentiometer to adjust 70mA and read resistor value then switch to desired resistor value).

I´ll do this modification tomorrow.

JP

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I´ve asking last year Pete to do LTSPICE simulation with WE transformer (easy available in Germany) based on his 10W flyback version. He does this and suggested to use the mentionned WE transformer and to switch to LT1170 (5A) to increase the power. Don´t forget, the supply capability is up to 325V@30W.

10V B+ Flyback Supply

Again many thanks to Pete.

JP

Hi JPS64:

I have used these in several projects and they can’t be beat for low cost and availability from many sources. Between $4 to $15 depending on source and single vs dual rail. They grinded the markings off of the switcher IC on the bottom (SMT). There is also a single rail version but adjustable 45v to 400v and claimed 70w. I added a HV CRCRCRC with 2.2uF 450v film caps afterwards to clean it up some.

Amazon.com: Qianson High Voltage DC-DC Boost Converter 8V-32V to +-45V-390V Adjustable ZVS Capacitor Charging Power Supply Module: Home Audio & Theater

Single rail version:
DC DC 8~32V to 45~390V High Voltage Boost Converter ZVS Step up Booster Module-in Inverters & Converters from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes.
You should at least put a JFET follower upfront to drive it properly.
Unless of course your source is also low impedance.

Patrick

Aw rats, I feared that might be the case. Much too tweaky for a FAOW. Thanks Patrick. :)

I spent hours selecting, and those only work when driven by a specific preamp. How Nelson got away with a 100k resistor in ZV8 is a mystery to me. Are some parts less leaky, or does the cascode help there?

Last edited: