ACA vs Aleph (or other Pass Amp)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently completed an ACA build - really love the sound of the amp. My room is not too large (about 15' x 18') - and I'm using Klipsch Cornwall speakers. There seems to be sufficient power to spare for the majority of what I'm listening to.

Would there be any compelling reason to contemplate building a different design for use here (besides the obvious one of the enjoyment of building itself)?? Would there be a significant improvement in sound?

Rich

Thanks all - lots of reading & research to do. For me, enjoyment is a major reason for doing something - both the build & the use. Sometimes, the build itself is sufficient rationale - but here, the use would be an added bonus.

I'm about to retire - this is one more thing to add to the new "todo pile".

Rich

Here`s my experience.

I`ve build the ACA a SymAsym and some FW. Amps: Aleph J, F5.

I compared the J and the ACA. The way they sound wasn`t a really big difference (not significant in my ears).

But the ACA had not enough drive for my Speakers (only 89-90dB at 8Ohm) mostly noticeable in Bass at higher volumes.

My ACA had a regulated PSU. Done like in -The ZEN variations Part 3-
because i had to lower my Rail Voltage.
So maybe this could be a upgrade for your ACA.

My Conclusion was: If the ACA had enough power for the listening, there is no need for another amp.
In the end i`ve sold the ACA & the SymAsym.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.