Service manual for X 350

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!
I am looking for a service manual for the original Pass Labs X350 stereo amp (not .5, not .8). If there was more than one variety of X350, I would be keen to have a manual covering all of them.
I consider getting an X350 (I need all the power I can get for my very inefficient old MBL 101s), and I would like to better understand the beast; besides, I understand that its bias may need checking and adjustment.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if nobody answer to your needs here , you can always ask boyz at Pass Labs

it's their IP , anyway

myriad of other PL SMs , we have commonly shared here , are already shared eons ago ... so no brainer about legality of further doing the same
I didn't saw X350 SM around , so ......

Hi Boyz!!

May I get the complete schematic of the PASS XA200.8 amplifier?
This amp is not available in our country because of it's price. Too high :(
I was thinking about building one myself. The XA200.8 got everything that I need.

Please to everyone..... If there's a way, don't let me down... :(

So speaking of the X350 how prone are the big caps to failure? I have one in my main system that has been in service for about 14 years I'd guess (I've had it 11).

It hasn't been keeping me awake but is it worth being proactive with the big filter caps? Second question is I usually leave it in standby which I believe leaves the power supply charged. Does that make any difference in the life of the power supply?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
So speaking of the X350 how prone are the big caps to failure? I have one in my main system that has been in service for about 14 years I'd guess (I've had it 11).

It hasn't been keeping me awake but is it worth being proactive with the big filter caps? Second question is I usually leave it in standby which I believe leaves the power supply charged. Does that make any difference in the life of the power supply?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks

just chill

once, in 10 years or so , if you hear some slight buzz or slight weakening of looong bass notes , think about replacing them

for biiiig caps - it's better to have them juiced in stand by , and there is no load on them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.