Build amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
I already built the M2 and it is not powerful enough

Perhaps, but how far away are you when listening? Do you want really really loud levels?
Bear in mind that a 250W amplifier would only sound "twice" as loud as the M2 when both
are at their limits. Have you heard other amplifiers with your speakers that were able to
play as loudly as you want?

Last edited:
Perhaps, but how far away are you when listening? Do you want really really loud levels?
Bear in mind that a 250W amplifier would only sound "twice" as loud as the M2 when
both are at their limits.

I think that the M2 lacks power for my listen to my technics se-a5 mk2, it's for his that I think to redo an amp style aleph-x or F5T v2 or v3. I listen to 3.5m, but it really lacks bass with the M2, I often listen to medium and high level when I'm more loing

Yes I drive the amp into clipping on my favorite listening level, I am in 8 ohms.
And the M2 is working correct?
That is many volts at the output to bring M2 into clipping? ….how much is it? 14 Volts RMS? …..that is 20 Volt in peak? ….something like that…..don't know the M2 in details….

Have you measured that you output that many Volts at the speaker......just to be sure M2 is working as it should?

My ACAs are all I need for my 94 dB speakers......and M2 is much more powerful than ACA.

I think that the M2 lacks power for my listen to my technics se-a5 mk2, it's for his that I think to redo an amp style aleph-x or F5T v2 or v3. I listen to 3.5m, but it really lacks bass with the M2, I often listen to medium and high level when I'm more loing

Strange my Diy M2 amplifier low bass frequency response are fine.

Do Your M2 buffer jfet's 2SJ74 | 2SK170 are genuine Toshiba or LS with Idss~8mA ?
Kind regards :)

Strange my Diy M2 amplifier low bass frequency response are fine.

Do Your M2 buffer jfet's 2SJ74 | 2SK170 are genuine Toshiba or LS with Idss~8mA ?
Kind regards :)

Yes it's original it come from the diy audio store, on my klipsch speakers before its going but on davis acoustics vinci signature I find it limit in power

Attachments

• IMG_20170817_195353.jpg
    IMG_20170817_195353.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
All you need is here: http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_f5_turbo.pdf

...and here: F5 Turbo Builders Thread

There are also other threads on the F5T V3 that you can search for.

Boards are here in DIYAudio Store: F-5T – diyAudio Store

Do lots of reading, then read it again and maybe again. It's a lot of reading but you will be rewarded if you put in the effort, I promise. You'll understand why everyone says this afterwards. FYI: it produces some serious heat! (about 500w for a pair of mono blocks :flame::flame::flame:) If you decide to go with the store chassis then you'll need two of the 5U chassis (one per channel). It's not too hard to build and there's lots of info on it to help get you to audio nirvana...and you will, if you put in the effort. :)

The store is out of matched JFETS at the moment but there are other outlets for genuine parts. Maybe others can chime in on that.

TJ

Any amplifier have input sensitivity. How much power the amplifier will output is dependent on the input voltage. If the input is from CD player with probably 300mV output, don't expect the amplifier will deliver its rated power. Nobody has been talking about the preamp being used.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.