Aleph 3 Upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you thought about upgrading the Aleph 3 to an Aleph 4. It wouldn't be a simple upgrade but the gains are enormous, especially in the extra headroom that the Aleph 4 has.

no , i want to keep the spider chassis of the aleph 3 , and as i have an high efficiency driver 30W is big enough. my only goal is the fun and to beat my VFET Sony 4650 ( power section only)
my stock aleph3 doesn't make it like that , sound darker and congested
so i want to make a full recap and and try different input transistors to change that. :)

what's exact value of rail voltage now ?

25V caps ....... you need at least 2V leeway there , so rails higher than 23Vdc is just looking for trouble

the stock 22000 was 25V too , with 2. 3V,4V rail i didn't power up yet with the 33000uf as i'm waiting my 9610 replacement perhaps i should put small resistor between the + & - of the rectifier and the capacitor bank ?

finally received my pair of 2SJ109 , i have notive they have a 7 pin called substrate pin . what to do with it let it floating or put it to ground ?

s-l1600.jpg

Aleph 3 new start , finally mounted with Jfet input , new bank of power supply capacitor , Zen mod
C1 C2 C3 with 470uf and 100nf parrallele ( FC and Muse BP for the feedbach)

what to say , the low end seems more present but with less control than with the 9610 input , medium a little recessed . let's have some burning time

the Sony pushpull VFET is still the winner for the moment with less bass but more refined medium. :)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.