Rod Elliote project 83 guidence required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Kanna,

I too am itching to build a power follower. Here's some good info on Pavel's/p#83:

Mosfet Power Follower and other projects

Pavel Macura's MOSFET Power Follower

And an old classic, Andrea Ciuffoli's Power Follower 99 / BA1 (cool virtual battery)

Follower_99c.gif

And now with a 2014 update!

the Power Folllower

And even a PCB!

Mosfet SE class A power follower PCB 2014 version designed by Andrea Ciuffoli ! | eBay

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited:
Dear Kanna,

I too am itching to build a power follower. Here's some good info on Pavel's/p#83:

Mosfet Power Follower and other projects

Pavel Macura's MOSFET Power Follower

And an old classic, Andrea Ciuffoli's Power Follower 99 / BA1 (cool virtual battery)

View attachment 666069

And now with a 2014 update!

the Power Folllower

And even a PCB!

Mosfet SE class A power follower PCB 2014 version designed by Andrea Ciuffoli ! | eBay

Cheers,
Jeff

WOW this looks awsome.I have just gather parts and heat sink and thinking of some my style glass cabinet for the look of my version.

This is long time I was building this awesome amp.
at first I must say I have no theoretical or technical knowledge except basic electronics.and this is my first class A amp build.many difficulties I have faced during building, But thanks to Shaan+ for his enormous support. Shaan+ inspired me all the ways ( as his residence is not far from mine). He was also constructed this amp earlier,see his thread.
my view:-
1. The sweetness of sound of this amp just tempting me listen to it all the time.:lickface:
2. Bass response is very nice without any Bass enhance preamp and mids are excellant and crispy highs are well maintained.
3. I have listened violin,Cellos,Sitar,Sarod,flute ,esraj,sarengi ......... you know the stuff. This amp always satisfy my listening experience.
4. I have called drummer,sitarist,sarod player and tabla player for QC check. everyone gave 5 star for this amp.
5. the only disadvantage of this amp is HEAT. But it has well managed by fans.but I have played this amp of 7 hours long without any fan, no thermal breakdown seen.:eek:

here is some construction notes...
1. i have changed output cap to 10000mfd from 4700 mfd.
2. input cap of 1mfd is box type.
3. gain resistor is 4.7k instead of 10k and capacitor upgraded to 47mfd.

these small modifications satisfied my need.
Here is some photograph of my build......

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2164.jpg
    744.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 158
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.