J2 parts selection for that eventual day...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Get extra SS jfet for backup, and having more Toshiba jfets in your drawer is a nice inventory. i just ordered another 8pairs of that tiny jfet 8mA from alweit. I'm pretty sure that Papa will keep going to use this little angel (devil).

isn't there a post saying that even a F7 clone will beat J2 original :p:wave2: just kidding, maybe i read wrong number behind.

Oh I have bunch of them on hand, just want best ones for this particular application to be put away for that day.:santa3:

Russellc

Yep - just put a small resistor (5R or 10R) in series with the source pin to degenerate the current through the device and decrease the output level. I had to do this with my Pearl II phono stage because it was distorting with a 5mV output cartridge. Putting 20R resistors ahead of jFets with Idss of about 8.9mA reduced them to about 5.3mA each. Problem solved.

That is clever Eric!
Yep - just put a small resistor (5R or 10R) in series with the source pin to degenerate the current through the device and decrease the output level. I had to do this with my Pearl II phono stage because it was distorting with a 5mV output cartridge. Putting 20R resistors ahead of jFets with Idss of about 8.9mA reduced them to about 5.3mA each. Problem solved.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.