Need help identifying Threshold preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up an NS-10. It has a sticker on the cover stating a factor upgrade was done to an "e-series STASIS circuit design". The unit uses an auxilary power supply. I'm posting pictures of the PC board inside. It isn't that of an NS-10 and I'm unable to match it up with any other Threshold preamp PC board. There are no markings on the top of the board. I have not removed it to see if there is anything on the bottom.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Thanks,
Eric M.

Update 2/19/18 Part number on underside of board 054-0023-NC

Attachments

• NS 10 face SMALL.jpg
    NS 10 face SMALL.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 207
  • NS 10 sticker SMALL.jpg
    NS 10 sticker SMALL.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 194
  • NS 10 PC board 1 SMALL.jpg
    NS 10 PC board 1 SMALL.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 207
  • NS 10 PC board 2 SMALL.jpg
    NS 10 PC board 2 SMALL.jpg
    754.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Thanks, that time line matches up pretty well with when the last owner remembers sending it to Threshold for the update. I was hoping to track down a schimatic, but I'm guessing that's not going to be possible.

As I search, I've noticed there are about 7 or 8 versions of the FET 10e. I'm assuming these were design changes the factory did over time. Would you know if that is really the case? Did they really make that many changes over the years or are people just mislabeling schimatics and posting them on on-line?

Thanks,

Eric

That is a factory update that was pretty close to the Fet 10E. Later 1980's I think.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.