Input filter on Amp Camp Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I plan to use my ACA's to power my mid-hf horn's, these are super efficient so the power of the ACA will be ample.
As these only need to run from 500hz up ( set by the hi pass filter on the horn crossover) would there be any real advantage of changing the values around the input to form a Hi pass filter say 400hz?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• ampcamp1_sch_500.jpg
    ampcamp1_sch_500.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 197
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
The French in the past did use 12 db filters at the input of the power amp and no filter at all between power amp and loudspeaker.
With horn loudspeakers you will have to use 12 db filter otherwise they will be damaged by receiving to much low frequencies. So in your situation just adding a cap, which is 6 db filter you will still need the filter between amp and loudspeaker.
Of course the amp will have an easier life if there are no low frequencies to amplify.
Greetings, Eduard

The less passive filter you can have, the better, i figure.

dave

My thoughts exactly. I do like Zens idea to change the input and output caps to give a second order slope.
I did have a formula for working out the out cap value but can't find it. Tried the formula that Zen gave bit can't get his values, but them maths isn't my thing!

Might just trial and error it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.