List of "legal" amps to diy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi all -- I'm relatively new but haven't seen anything in a FAQ or thread. I know Mr. Pass has stated several times the policy, but I'm always conservative around these issues. I'm going to pick a project to build, and want to make sure I'm not violating any rules or anything. :angel:

Are these are OK:
Anything posted at passdiy
Any schematics that are in manuals at passlabs.com
any Aleph model
Ono (but not Xono :bawling: )

This is of course not for commercial -- I'm just building stuff for myself.

Suggestions also welcome (I have another thread for that http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31802)

I'm pretty sure that anything you get from PassDIY you can build for your own use. Audio Express is a good read and has the newer articles from Mr. Pass as they develop and are free for end user building. He has supported end users building the older Aleph designs for the 2 years I have read this site. The Zen series is practically an educational series where he helps you build and !understand! the designs.

Of course, pending your desire for class A vs. other designs, there are many possibilities such as an Elliot design or Hugh Dean's AKSA designs which are available with PCB's or as a kit from the designer.

It is my understanding that you can build anything for yourself from any design, commercial or not. The area of legality is if you publish any information about that design or sell the item, especially for profit!

Good Luck!

Sandy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.