Babelfish XJ , or JX …….. or whatever (Aleph X servo for Greedy Boyz)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
WP_20180129_14_05_25_Pro.jpg

Did I said that they’re Gorgeously sounding ?

tworats.gif

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
implementing servo in your existing Aleph X

it's easy ;

just look at (re)attached schm , taken from LTSpice (open it in new tab) ;

you can use small veroboard , to accommodate parts bracketed and labeled as servo - two small T092 transistors (any decent NPN 1W will do the job)

you have to connect 5 wires & GND:

-Vcc+
-Vcc-
-sense from neg out
-sense from pos out
- servo out to sources node of input LTP
-GND

decrease slightly current through LTP CCS , to allow servo circ to compensate;

replace McMillan resistors with new ones, at least 10fold in value vs. present ones

rebias/reset entire thingie

660328d1517613606-babelfish-xj-jx-whatever-ltspice-babelfish-xj-shrinked-jpg

Attachments

• servo circ.jpg
    servo circ.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,634
Ahem... I just want to say it looks like several resistors need to go on a weight loss program... They look kind of chubby. :D

Those resistor stand-offs are kind of cool!

All in all an AWESOME build. But that's to be expected from the Mighty ZM! I wish I could take it for a drive. :)

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Wow, ZM is that one of these boxes with 8 heatsinks?

Is the plate where you mounted the IRFP outputs on, not too much brushed? Shouldn't it be smoother?
is the way you are mounting your Frontend boards, also the way passlabs does it? With the two alu bars?

Attachments

• 100-aluminium-diy-box-case-with-vu-meter-for-audio-amplifier-620x480x260mm.jpg
    100-aluminium-diy-box-case-with-vu-meter-for-audio-amplifier-620x480x260mm.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 346
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
also important thing about implemented servo

......... I'm sure that I saw principal schematic somewhere in Papa's s papers/projects ; even if I tried repeatedly , I simply couldn't find it again , due to enormous number of files I have stashed along the years .
So , even if I can't reference it precisely , it is important to say that all puzzles are his , as usual.

660497d1517689701-babelfish-xj-jx-whatever-aleph-servo-greedy-boyz-servo-circ-jpg