Trouble shooting an F6 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trouble shooting is where my knowledge and expertise is lacking, I am more of a parts changer. I have been in the process of building and F6 and for the most part things have gone very well. A lot of that is due in part of 6l6s help.

The other day I went to wire up one channel, I had my VOM on the .47ohm resistor and was ready to adjust the bias. I turned the amp on and got no voltage across the resistor. I verified I had voltages going into the board and checked voltages around some of the resistors. I thought I had found a fried resistors but it turned out to be a false alarm. While I had the board out I noticed their was a hole in one of the keratherm pads I had installed. I am confident it was not there when it was installed it. Prior to installation I cleaned the heat sinks and check for burrs prior to installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-issue is what , exactly?

I get not voltage ratings across the bias resistor R2 on board B. I am afraid I have fried a MOSFET because of a hole in the keratherm pad.

which outputs , which exact schematic ?
I bought the boards from the diyaudio store and I have been following the build guide pretty thoroughly. The schematic can be found on the build guide done my 6l6.

care to post few detailed pictures ?
I can post photos later tonight when I get home.

Last edited:
Recommendation is 6.2v zeners with 3k3 resistors.
Like this.

Attachments

• F6_DIY_SCH.jpg
    F6_DIY_SCH.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 224
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.