Help! F2 /F2J Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
make a complimentary pair for needtubes

:)

I only made 5 sets as it was minimum for PCB house and since F2 boards was not available anywhere to buy. I sold three of the spares to two and I am replacing them.
I don't want to annoy papa by making it in large quantities. If I have permission from papa to do it. Of course I am happy to make it.
Tubesguy if wants one for sure will get one for free. Just let me know.
Few have asked me over the time for them. They are long boards to even out heat distribution. That also make them expensive to ship internationally .
Well glad that I did not make and sold a lot.

Last edited:
And finally F2j singing

And corrected boards working as should be and listening to F2J for the first time.
:D
Needtube many thanks for your timely comment and ZM as usual for comforting during the nerve racking trouble shooting times.
Offer for free PCB for needtube still stand , let me know :)
And of course to Papa for making this baby!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Bias adjustment

How to do bias adjustment . ZM told me before , is it with input signal applied or not without signal applied. I have no other tools than a ranging DMM and supply voltage is 22.2V.
I did it with input signal applied and neg prob at C3 caps positive pin and neg at supply ground and trimmed to a average voltage reading of 11V.0.
Just want to make sure I am doing it right.

Last edited:
ZM just to understand this better, when you use oscilloscope you will need to apply a signal at input to do the adjustment , am I right?
Also when biased amp is tied at half voltage so it can swing input signal voltage without clipping at bias point? So for 24 V supply bias at 12 V
So say my input signal voltage is 1.5 peak to peak AC it will make amplifier voltage swing above half supply voltage and hence exceed maximum voltage leading to clipping? So should I be biasing 12-0.75V which is 11.25V?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.