Pass Labs XA25 review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
The audio beatnik review is a bit funny, because it takes the HPA out of the Pass Labs sound row....
A DIYer would open the cover and adjust the bias of the FQA in a way that the sound fits.
At least when used as a pre.
When you have need of the very high bias to drive your headphones things might be more narrow.
I really admire develloppers of circuits trying to calculate the compliance with all these components in front or behind.

HERCULES!

:) :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
btw. I like Papa's Mount Rushmore pic :)

Attachments

• Paparock.jpg
    Paparock.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 687
"If I didn't know better, I would swear that the XA25 was a world-class tube amplifier, due to the overall liquidity and voluptuous timbres/tonality of the instruments and three-dimensional imaging... ...I thought I would never hear a solid-state amplifier that could create the gorgeous timbres/tonality/color of the finest tube-based amplifiers..."

It makes me wonder if this guy never heard the SIT-2! Sonic bliss that raises my heart rate, that's how I describe it. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.