Pass Labs XA25 review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We did put a delay on that, so you can have larger transients.

Got it.

Amended to....

... any voltage above 1.67v, longer in time than deemed prudent by Papa, will trip the output protection.

I am curious. Assuming infinitely stiff power rails, during the grace period, is the current limited only by the impedance of the load + the impedance of the drain sense resistors + MOSFET Rdson?

And the wire....

Good one. That made me chuckle. Its funny and at the same time a very good point.

When I lashed up my hockey puck OPS, I measured some of the wires on a good DMM to make sure I was not wiring up the circuit with pieces that were significantly more resistance then the RDSon of the hockey pucks. For the n-channel part that I used, the RDSon is less than one milliohm and wires become a significant factor for high current transients.

When I make a more permanent version, I will use the fattest wire that will fit into the ring terminal and then characterize each wire.

...secrets are overrated! As usual they are s matter of either guessing, deduction or simple disassebly, gathering physical facts and the defucting as to why a design has been put up this way...

...anyone has a XP25 to look into???����

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm thinking my guess is wrong there - the transconductance is quite different on the datasheet (not that I can tell what it would be at, say, 2A)

Funny you should say that Soundhappy - I've been pondering whether I could make something like that, given 1 x puck = many x irfp240... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.