Project for Semisouth R100A and 085

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Different enough. The DP is a depletion mode part which typically has
Vgs voltage at -3 to -5V, and the EP is enhancement mode at about +1 to
+2V.

After that, they are somewhat similar.

The DEF amps discussed elsewhere in this forum used the R085's for the
depletion mode device.

R100 operated Common Source mode like in J2 with R085 on the top as
mu follower.

That's the sort of thing I was thinking of . For this project I intend to only purchase the heatsinks and output capacitors and really splurge out using some of the parts from 'the mountain' .

It will be built on a piece of wood and be a perpetual prototype so almost anything goes :) I have 97dB sensitive speakers (15"+TPL150H) so only need a clean watt .

The J2 thread is a beast . Is there a go-to post that has a schematic or can you share something ?

What about the Amp Camp Amp with Semisouth devices top and bottom ?

Thanks to all who responded :)

316a

I was going to say use the R100 in an ACA, adjust for lower Vgs of the R100 as some have done previously with a 1 pair aleph mini (you can search DIYA, member "teabag" even made an article), except with ACA mu follower as irfp240.. and maybe use the 085 for something else.. (obviously that DEF amp).

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The Aleph Jango

one SJEP down and one IRFP150 or IRFP240 on top , enough in my book

AlephJschematic.gif

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yup , all of them to same value

(general remark for number of big resistors - if one pair of outputs , then two parallel in output node....if two pairs of outputs , then four parallel ones in output node)

say 0R33 is safe bet , while 0R22 is for fearless Papa Followers

(seriously now - nothing to fear from)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.