Project for Semisouth R100A and 085

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
there is a question how much doubling (or whatever) of damping factor could be beneficiary in this range of power (read rails and Iq)

what's , as always, most important is that you have speakers/room/ear/brain combo - adequate to accommodate 25W amp , and fully exploit it's quality

Papa's amps are ranging ( in FW case/PSU format) from (say) 1A2 to 1A8 ....rarely 2A

that nice figure of 2A was more invented by us Greedy Boyz , deducted from his dissipation figures ........ and he's notorious for not being too serious about trivial things ..... just crank it to 55C at heatsinks and you're good , being more of useful guideline

I would go for one pair , Iq anywhere between 1A6 and 2A - what you meet first - 55C at sinks , or dissipation of still sane 45W per bugger , if cooled properly

everything considering usual Donut jobbie - having twice 18Vac secs

Hi Aleksandar, again you always there answering to newbies and experienced people, teaching and sharing your knowledge with wisdom and obviously with happiness.
Now the question: With two paralleled units, one amp per unit in 18 volts rail for the Jango amplifier? Which is the raison the jango has two on step of one as there are in the aleph J?
Thanks for your time dude. Best Regards to the rest of the gentlemen.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
reason ?

inertia probably ..... just because Papa made Aleph J with two pairs

I understand his reasons :

-easy to double when you have a ton
-lesser dissipation per piece , better sleep when you send it from factory

I'm lazy to calculate difference in OLG (xconductance at half Iq , times two vs. xconductance at "full" Iq then times one) , so I just have a feeling that damping factor difference isn't that big

then - as I said , I'm always digging small Papamps as dedicated for clever speakers , not hogs (pardonne moi to real pigs , I like them) , so damping factor is last thing I'm thinking of

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.