Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Type of Choke for CLC?
Type of Choke for CLC?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2018, 07:50 PM   #41
eduard is offline eduard  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to eduard
Default Update

Hello,
Tomorrow I will arrive in the city in Vietnam that is famous for having the biggest most famous mental hospital.
My friend lives in this city and he has done some test with the ll2733 with some friends and they all live outside the fence. ( does anyone remember the song "" the lunatics have taken over the asylum "?)
We will see what they have to tell.
Greetings, Eduard
Old 13th January 2018, 01:47 PM   #42
stevenrotterdam is offline stevenrotterdam  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I am in the process of building a Hiraga, I wound a 2-chamber choke for + and - voltage on an EI84 core ant that is effective.
Old 14th January 2018, 02:35 PM   #43
nagini262 is offline nagini262  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

This is Amp Camp amp, I built this amp for my friend using choke input in power supply and this is my first solid state amp using choke input. My second solid state amp using choke input will be SIT Nemesis, I will finish this amp in next some months and will show some images.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 16th January 2018, 01:27 AM   #44
MossFed is offline MossFed  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduard View Post
Hello,
Tomorrow I will arrive in the city in Vietnam that is famous for having the biggest most famous mental hospital.
Hello Mr Tho & Eduard

Having had only one day in VN, not enough time to visit the outsiders of that famous hospital to admire Mr Tho chef d’œuvres class A amp, I was as pillion passenger for 2 hours on “ Uber Ride” to the Saigon “chợ điện tử” (electronics market), guided by the rider, for a roll of 1mm copper (so excited by the price that make me forgotten of how much I spent) and a Chinese made hand winder (16 Au$).
By the way, is there any simple procedure for a qualitatively recording the performance of PS filtering (LC, CLC, CRC...etc).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0C9FA00A-42A6-4DBE-BE5A-2B8ED269BD78.jpg (740.4 KB, 244 views)
Old 16th January 2018, 01:53 AM   #45
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

Type of Choke for CLC?
I found picture I remember from yore

I believe it was in XA160

looking at it now ..... I'm suspicious that nasty boyz from PL used that chunk of iron in differential mode
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xa.jpg (6.6 KB, 232 views)
Old 16th January 2018, 02:15 AM   #46
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

Type of Choke for CLC?
Interesting image, Zen. That sure does look like a single piece of steel running through those coils...
Old 16th January 2018, 02:22 AM   #47
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

Type of Choke for CLC?
even more interesting is what you can (supposedly) learn from picture saved at least decade ago

Old 16th January 2018, 02:33 AM   #48
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

Type of Choke for CLC?
Absolutely! This is why I love perusing the gallery images here and have a ton of images saved as well. You never know what you'll finally notice in those images years later...
Old 16th January 2018, 02:41 AM   #49
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

Type of Choke for CLC?
about picking up breadcrumbs ...... just imagine doing nothing else than - construction of new things , every day , for living

Old 16th January 2018, 09:36 PM   #50
eduard is offline eduard  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to eduard
Hello,
Tho and me visited his friend who is using Tho to build the electronics for him.
He changed from capacitor input into choke input for his phono stage, his line preamp and finally for the Nelson Pass power amp..
The improvements were BIG .as you can see in Tho 's photos the wiring of the power supply can be improved by moving things around. In my high current designs using ll2733 I mounted the diodes on the choke terminals. That is easy using diodes which do not require heathsink..But using 4 small individual heatsink I am sure you can reduce the wire length a lot. You can mount the diodes closer to the transformer but then will imply reducing the cables coming from the transformer. Lundahl chokes are not sensitive to magnetic/ electric fields so reducing cable length is an easy improvement.
People always tell that reducing cable length on the input side of the choke is the most
let us see who will switch to choke input....
Greetings, Eduard

Type of Choke for CLC?Hide this!Advertise here!