Most Greedy Boy, of them all... or (there is no) DEFiSIT of Papa's Koans

H2 is around -53db (0.2%) @1W loaded, THD is probably 0.3% by eyeball check (quick readout from the scope FFT), about the THD level shown for the DEFiSIT at the the BAF2017 YouTube video.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 630
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I made the DEFiSIT circuit step by step. First the OS only, with still not the best matching.
One channel gives 1.3A and one 1A, so better than nothing.... :))

When I heard the OS only with the pre doing all gain. I could hear already fine details my other amps do not produce.
When I added the J-Fet front end buffer the sound was of great lucidity and attractive but a bit bodiless.

Adding the Cinemag the body was added, fine details seem a bit vanished, but the whole balance is much better.

Now hearing sessions with the different amps at home......:)
As always you hear your records with a new ear.

Stage and position of instruments is very nice.

Of course this is only a chaotic prototype build, but this is what I like most.

:D:D

When you see the picture you will see that you have no chance to clone it. My builds still look like the wiring under the board of our electric railway for children,brand Märklin in the 1950th.

It worked, but nobody saw how it looked. So you get today a seldom insight.:D

I am very eager to see what kind of circuit Nelson will bring us with the eBay SITs.
And as always thanks to Nelson and ZenMod.

:D:D:D

Attachments

• 100_0067.jpg
    100_0067.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 562
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hockey pucks , being sooooo wild beasts , simply can't be tamed with current sensing Hall IC , without resorting to additional amplification stage (in bias servo) ;

for them , I opted for different solution , shown in F4 Beast.... thread

this one is for exploring same approach - no source resistors , and in that arrangement even regular Papamosfets (240/9240) are pretty wild .....

we'll see (confirm) in a week or so