this one goes in prototype

Attachments

• schsshot.jpg
    schsshot.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 786
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
probably it will not oscillate , but gate stopper is conditio sine qua non , at least in my head

so , no need to draw it all the time , especially when I forget ..... :rofl:

(so , that was good question!)

rationale for output resistors arrangement is nothing else than THD spectra ( and dynamic behavior of mosfets in output)

it looks best this way

edit: just checked - both gate resistors are included on pcb :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
btw ....... made sanity (sim) check of 2SK180 based DEFiSIT , made with ACS chips

nada - not big enough (voltage) window between gates of 2SK180 and IRFP9xxx to keep current in sane bracket

same case with SJDP

Sorry to quote a relatively old post, but the "1, 2, SIT3" thread triggered me to ask again.

I have some 2SK180D, that gives Id of around 1.5A at Vgs of -3.2V (Vds=20V), would they be feasible devices for the DEFiSIT. (attached are the measurements of the 2SK180D).

Attachments

• 2SK180_Vds=20V.png
    2SK180_Vds=20V.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 507
Thanks Mr. Pass and ZM :) . It seems quite possible to find a matching P FET, but I'll need to get familiar with the SPICE circuit first.

I have another question though, if you don't mind. In the "DEF Amp" thread, it describes a way to adjust the Vgs matching through 3 resistors. In the DEFiSIT amp, opto-coupler is used - what is the reason for the change.