Most Greedy Boy, of them all... or (there is no) DEFiSIT of Papa's Koans

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I believe I'll squeeze them in (last) schmtc with 2SK180 , already posted here in thread ;

that will go on upcoming SEF/Babelfish M2 pcbs

two criteria are fulfilled :

- it is SIT , so fast as Sparrow's fart
- with that schematic , current distribution between parts is same Wakooo as in Papa's DEFiSIT - mosfet doing all the work , while SIT acting as error correction , or whatever correction ......... maybe Wakoo Correction :rofl:

only jumping in to help when mosfet is outa breath

Attachments

• hihihihi.gif
    hihihihi.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 573
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just from habit - my fave Philips 1uF MKC , as bypass on C1 and C2 position

did I wrote that Papa sent all caps in bubblie ?
....... more precisely - all parts , except small metal films :hypno1:

I also changed C2 to (also) my fave (125C , so industrial?) ELNA 470uF/35V

Just bought some of the Philips 1uF MKC devices, but only found yellow axial versions. where can I locate those blue ones?

Russellc

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
with present state of 2 cells (multitasking in several planes, besides just finished late lunch , so cells starved more than usual) , I should say - why not

be careful how to manage these two voltage sources , noiseless is a must

observe F6 for few tricks , combined with M2 and DEFiSIT , of course

few clever tricks also buried in Antoinel's threads

Sorry I typed with a tablet, almost asleep making typo. :hypno1:

I think the circuit can make a sound anyhow.. But is this the DEFiSIT, with those advantages that Nelson described? :confused:

1. Single-ended sound with such harmonics
2. Doubled output due to push-pull
3. Increased damping

Cheers

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well , it could be kind of "rearranging of standard" , as in Jazz music .....

however , without spending some time with simulations , I can't predict exact behavior of these wakoo combinations

if you go back , you'll see graphs I took from simulations , showing insane current distribution between active parts - up to the clipping , mosfet (lower part) is doing extra heavy work , while SIT is actually working against the mosfet ...... as sort of ( who knows , is it?) naturally born phenomena - error correction or what :rofl: ....... anti-error correction

anyway , with xformers involved , where gates aren't tied tightly as in DEFiSIT , I believe we will not have that sort of current distribution ......

so , I can't promise when I'm going to make that sim for you , being pretty ocupied with daily work and soon to have SEF/Babelfish M2 zero gen pcbs , on which I hope to implement also THF51-S beasties ........

maybe after that ......

homework #1

per tips from mighty uncle ZM.

Stolen legos from F6, Sony VFet part 1, Nelson's DEFiSIT....

Before I do dumb things with my tower, let me hear from you what can be wrong. :confused::confused:

Looking at F6 it seems Schade feedback seems possible, but it's beyond my head.(Opto coupler too)

But I once tried Schade feedback (know to me as partial feedback then) even to 300B triode and I remember it was good.

Attachments

• DEFiSIT drw1.jpg
    DEFiSIT drw1.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
well , it could be kind of "rearranging of standard" , as in Jazz music .....

however , without spending some time with simulations , I can't predict exact behavior of these wakoo combinations

if you go back , you'll see graphs I took from simulations , showing insane current distribution between active parts - up to the clipping , mosfet (lower part) is doing extra heavy work , while SIT is actually working against the mosfet ...... as sort of ( who knows , is it?) naturally born phenomena - error correction or what :rofl: ....... anti-error correction

anyway , with xformers involved , where gates aren't tied tightly as in DEFiSIT , I believe we will not have that sort of current distribution ......

so , I can't promise when I'm going to make that sim for you , being pretty ocupied with daily work and soon to have SEF/Babelfish M2 zero gen pcbs , on which I hope to implement also THF51-S beasties ........

maybe after that ......

You are not promising but you don't have to. I appreciate it enough!! :)

I have this Dual PSU 30V 3A CC CV and I think this is safe tool to try the circuit.

Cheers

Attachments

• Dual PS.jpg
    Dual PS.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 427