Burning Amp 2017 Updates Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I understood these can be used for the SAL open baffle project also? Did Nelson mention that too?

From what Nelson Pass said at BurningAmp, the filters were tuned to match the DSP (for export market) and were a fair match to the speakers and the desired response curve. Unless your SAL speakers have similar characteristics and you desire similar response, you're probably out of luck.

That said, if it is released to the public, you can probably tune them by substituting parts to better match your system.

Hope that helps.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I can't help but feel this is a thread on a trade show...
Am i too german(e) w/ respect to diy roots perhaps?

All the best,
Ralph

I do not understand your comment!

I did not visit BAF2017 or one before, but the videos I saw never gave me the feeling of a trade show.
Did you really visit the show personally?

I stay mostly at diyaudio, I find most German forums too aggressive, no comparison to the polite and pleasant communication here.

:):):)

Attachments

• 78EA283A-4994-4968-8AF8-94835058FC07.JPG
    78EA283A-4994-4968-8AF8-94835058FC07.JPG
    849.8 KB · Views: 708
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
...Unless your SAL speakers have similar characteristics and you desire similar response, you're probably out of luck.

The circuit topology and pc boards would be workable, we would just want
to specify different values.

It's on my to-do list for the SALs, and there is also a sealed box EQ to get
the most out of that approach.

You can anticipate boards and fets for these in the DIYaudio store soon.

One video up. Not NP but maybe following soon.

YouTube

Thanks wedcho. I find the youtube presentations from BAF valuable and informative. They link the name of a famous contributor to audio [ Linkwitz-Riley] with his persona presenting one of his favorite topics to audiodiyers. He did a great job, and was funny too. His words " its the practicality which gets you" has stuck in my head because its true. Thanks to all of the contributors of this one-of-kind event and to Mr. S. Linkwitz for their valuable time.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
so , tnx Boyz from LS :)

next year just to remind camera-man to shoot entire presentation screen , not just 2/3 of it , so Greedy Boyz can complain about something else

:cheers:

(didn't got Papa in making more (at least not big) mistakes ; now to finish watching vids with Preamp Guy/Double Nelson and Mr. Big Green/SL)

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.