First Watt J2 speaker experience

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you can ask guys at sonido.hu directly ....... including shipping to your neck of wood

I believe they're under 400E/pair ...... for my spoiled ears much more forgiving/easier to live with than any Lowther I had opportunity to hear , besides being cheaper

disclaimer - I hate to implement any sort of Eq on main driver , and I'm taking FR as main driver , with or without helpers down and up

so , Lowther good bye

if you mean RAAL ..........

certainly better tweet , but as supertweet , any RAAL is wasted and , logically , not bringing more than Fountek ....... when entire filter for it is 1uF

You da man...

so with 0.47uF means that T90a should be enough rite :D

i can stop window shopping then, no need to read another post for RAAL or AMT

Attachments

• IMG_20170910_080843_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170910_080843_HDR.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 362
Noted Papa for that Rare items $1.3k :( I'm lucky that my ears are still human, can't reach bat hearing area.

I have been listening to J2 (eventhough it's just a shame clone) for more than 2 months which has replaced glorious SIT L'amp. The difference is not night & day, SIT is something special but it keeps asking me to go back to J2. opposite is that when I settle on J2 then less desire to switch to another amplifier, that is the time where M2 has a little chance to get a place.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Noted Papa for that Rare items $1.3k :( I'm lucky that my ears are still human, can't reach bat hearing area.

Friend and DIYaudio member Biosonar, used bats as subjects in sonar research.
He still owns 1 channel of that tweeter, specifically because of the 100 KHz
response.

I had occasion to put a pair on top of my Tannoys, crossed in at about 20 KHz,
and listened for differences. I thought they were brighter with DSD source,
but not with redbook.

Not a blind-as-a-bat test, however.

:p

I got Altec 416-8a and probably will get Lowther and xo will be passive, i read that Papa prefer PM6a 16ohm silver vc. but when I asked local dealer, it seems that it price will be equal to standard PM5a.

Any advice which one will be better for OB? considering that i will drive it with J2 clone and still use T90a. Hopefully this might be last speaker upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.