ALEPH3 and ground

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is the best way to connect the differential input of the ALEPH3 to the ground, like Mr PASS, or like Mr KLJUCARIC (pcb design)?

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 601
I find the idea that "Mr Kjularik" should be mentioned in the same page as Mr. Pass as a reference to the Aleph circuit aggravating.
Not to mention the copyright infringment of posting the picutres themselves.

Anyway your point about the gnd on the schematic is irrelevant, what matters is how they get done on the PCB which you have no way to establish.
You can look at one of Nelson's old PCBs to get a clue.

Well, my question wasn't very clear. What I would like to know is: must I connect Z102, R103, and C101 together on the board and then going with one wire to the ground star, or must I separate them on the board, and go from the board to the ground star with three wires? On the Aleph3's service manual it's not clear to me. Thanks you.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
In as much as I can tell, if in doubt, you can't go wrong with running all grounds separately. You should look at the circuit, seeing where current flows are likely to run in loops, and try and avoid low currents grounds, like input stages, being modulated by higher currents grounds, such as outputs or PSU caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.