Irfp044 for Aleph2?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have decided to build an Aleph 2 before I tackle the Aleph X. I figured since it has been a long time since I have graduated college and have been selling test equipment since, so I figured I would shake the cobwebs out with the Aleph 2 or Aleph 4. My Zen IV was successful so I will take the next step and fully learn the Aleph. I have a load of IRFP044's left over from the Zen IV and both the Aleph 2 and Aleph 4 call for the IRFP244's. I would hate to flash a bunch of IRFP044's, so I ask the experts, can I use the IRFP044's in place of the IRFP244's? Don't laugh at me too hard.:)

(Ha, ha, ha...just kidding)
Sure.
Download the '044 spec sheet. Look for the SOA chart. Keep one eye on the chart and one on the bias. Use big heat sinks. Leave some margin--don't see how close to the line you can take it. Bias the bejabbers out of the little fellows. You won't get the full wattage of an Aleph 2, but you'll have a really smokin' Aleph 30.
Perhaps I shouldn't have phrased it that way...

Grey

Download the '044 spec sheet. Look for the SOA chart. Keep one eye on the chart and one on the bias.

Damn your eyes!

Too late!
:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.