Build This MoFo!

Is there any alternative solution to avoid the usage (or to minimize) of the C2 electrolytic capacitor. As Nelson Pass said "No capacitors anywhere in the circuit...". Especially the electrolytics which killing the music.

3 options come to mind.
1. Use a 1:1 transformer instead of L1 and C2. It would require the same primary inductance.
2. Have a transformer wound with superconductor wire. Its the resistance of L1 that places the DC on the output. ;)
3. Find a different circuit that does not require a capacitor.

While there may be a way to make it DC coupled, it violates my simplicity esthetic.

Sorry for the silliness.

Big MoFo with M2 buffer

I believe ZM suggested that to get additional gain for the MoFo use the FE of the M2.

I inserted a M2 FE between the my XP10 and the Big MoFo. Gives me the gain I need and initial listening makes me want to continue listening (and experimenting)

Thanks all

Best

Bob

ZM - more from my heat sink collection - I like these and will use in my next ( and final ) amp ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6513.jpg
    IMG_6513.jpg
    786.1 KB · Views: 965
I believe ZM suggested that to get additional gain for the MoFo use the FE of the M2.

I inserted a M2 FE between the my XP10 and the Big MoFo. Gives me the gain I need and initial listening makes me want to continue listening (and experimenting)

Thanks all

Best

Bob

ZM - more from my heat sink collection - I like these and will use in my next ( and final ) amp ;)

Can you analyze a little bit this for the beginners like us. What is FE of M2 & XP10 ?

I used the attached schematic which was posted by NP in the M2 thread.
I needed a bit more gain than my Pass Labs XP10 provided, The M2 front end has provided this for me. As pointed out this could also be done with B1 XFMR unit

On the Tea Bag M2 board I populated R1-R5, C1 and C2, Q3 and Q4 and the Edcor PC600.

Output was taken after C2

24V regulated was provided by a supply I had available.

Hope this helps

Nice soundstage both in width and depth. Very involving - makes you want to listen - good detail and female vocalists sound great

Attachments

• M2 SCH.gif
    M2 SCH.gif
    210.3 KB · Views: 1,020