B1 with Korg Triode

Question about two resistors at the output they are 221K and another 221R OK ?

Attachments

• 9BEF9F44-995B-491C-9350-A32B47BF06FB.JPG
    9BEF9F44-995B-491C-9350-A32B47BF06FB.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,735
Here the part list.

JP

@ JP

Why not made some good working verified prototypes first and show Your checked design after that ?
I remember in the past You don't do this and Diyer who use your schematic get fire and damaged components.
Build DIY hardware can help You do better software work no doubt

Attachments

• D9B76D7D-C47A-47C5-A8CD-35DBB2A67C56.JPG
    D9B76D7D-C47A-47C5-A8CD-35DBB2A67C56.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 631
  • 0B66F6A0-A908-4560-8A17-A48611FFA8AA.JPG
    0B66F6A0-A908-4560-8A17-A48611FFA8AA.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 416
  • D4EF10A5-DF45-4DD5-B643-83200CCBF7FC.JPG
    D4EF10A5-DF45-4DD5-B643-83200CCBF7FC.JPG
    488.2 KB · Views: 1,550
  • 3DAC3A23-C8A8-4A18-A240-AD4A4E6BB578.JPG
    3DAC3A23-C8A8-4A18-A240-AD4A4E6BB578.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 1,658
@Soundhappy

I´ve supplied some M2, ACA, F6 PCB´s without any problems neither damaged components after building.

My MoFo PCB is under test (waiting for mechanical parts).

I´ve supplied successfully the PCB fabrication datas for the DIY´ers the AKSA/LENDER Preamplifier, the AKSA ALPHA20, AKSA BB 50W and others.

A lot of DIY´ers ask me to give them the B1-KORG SMD design: ask me if I could supply PCB´s. I´ve answered that they´ve to wait for Mr. Pass B1-KORG availability.

I´ve published schematics so that experienced and interested builders could check it. ZM ask me to put gate stopper on each JFET. Today no more feedback about schematics although it was viewing 21 times. I need this feeback before ordering PCB´s to reduce the layouting errors to minima, but your right, nobody is perfect and errors occurs.

One piece of this PCB (panel) costs over 200 EUR and everybody would try to reduce one shot costs. But I don´t remember that I´ve ask to start a GB. I´ll do it at my cost then I want to know how its sounds.

I know that a lot of DIY´ers waiting for Mr. Pass B1-KORG Preamplifier in the DIYAUDIO store.

My plan was ordering, testing and verifying the B1-KORG Preamplifier Clone before giving the fabrication datas to the community.

I´ve forgotten that here is private turf of some favoured few so (and it´s made me sad) it was the last time I´ve published something in the Pass Labs Amplifiers section.

JP

Don't be sad JP! You have done a lot of amazing work. I have two great sounding projects, an AKSA Lender Pre and an ALPHA 20, to prove it. I hope Soundhappy was just trying to offer some constructive criticism rather than offend.

Keep doing what you're doing JP! That's why this is DIY! We're all your happy little guinea pigs. Nothing is perfect from the start and that's the risk that first adopters take when populating these boards. And I also agree, you have given more than enough info for others to comment on the circuit design and catch anything that might need some work.

Waiting to test the next great PCB by JPS64!

Last edited:
Don't be sad JP! You have done a lot of amazing work. I have two great sounding projects, an AKSA Lender Pre and an ALPHA 20, to prove it. I hope Soundhappy was just trying to offer some constructive criticism rather than offend.

Keep doing what you're doing JP! That's why this is DIY! We're all your happy little guinea pigs. Nothing is perfect from the start and that's the risk that first adopters take when populating these boards. And I also agree, you have given more than enough info for others to comment on the circuit design and catch anything that might need some work.

Waiting to test the next great PCB by JPS64!

One more here, I am just putting an AKSA Lender Pre together and the PCB JP designed and others reviewed is solid.

It sounds like you (JP) is saddened by politics. Please don't be down because of that. You have a big group supporting your open plans and I am sure nobody else expects anything you show here to be perfect (although it is most of the time). If stuff blows up (as if a resistor on fire would kill somebody) it is a risk of the business. If you don't want risk you go to the store and buy something already assembled, or at least don't be the first to put something together and wait for the first adopters to do so.

On pretty much all projects I followed here there were iterations perfecting the circuit. If one was to expect a perfect circuit before posting, we'd have no new designs available. That's what a collaborative forum is about! About posting your contributions and leaving to others to perfect them. Jumping back in and collaborating a bit more, or leaving the boat and starting something else. This is a hobby after all. It should be making you happy, regardless of what others say.

A lot of DIY´ers ask me to give them the B1-KORG SMD design: ask me if I could supply PCB´s. I´ve answered that they´ve to wait for Mr. Pass B1-KORG availability.

My plan was ordering, testing and verifying the B1-KORG Preamplifier Clone before giving the fabrication datas to the community.

JP, I am interested in your work with this circuit, so I am trying to interpret your words. Am I to understand that you plant to freely share these Gerbers, but not until after the DIYA store has its PCB on sale?

By the way, I just hopped on the GB for one of your TimS headamp PCBs, and I am looking forward to holding one of your signature "super-via" boards :)

Four pins socket's so why 3 thru holes are drilled not 4 on the left and right PCB side?
Again one more time: is better to build good working prototype(s) first so no need to apologize
to the hobby amateurs after the bad surprises....

Attachments

• BA0076D6-3939-4F6D-8DCB-23F8B85490EA.JPG
    BA0076D6-3939-4F6D-8DCB-23F8B85490EA.JPG
    379.4 KB · Views: 1,195
  • AF5FBA78-90A2-4A47-8E87-13554490CC50.jpg
    AF5FBA78-90A2-4A47-8E87-13554490CC50.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 1,210
Four pins socket's so why 3 thru holes are drilled not 4 on the left and right PCB side?
Again one more time: is better to build good working prototype(s) first so no need to apologize
to the hobby amateurs after the bad surprises....

In post #210 JPS64 wrote:

"My plan was ordering, testing and verifying the B1-KORG Preamplifier Clone before giving the fabrication datas to the community."

So, where is your problem? Got up on the wrong side of the bed?

Micha